Monday, November 22, 2010

Istanbul Chronicles: main attractions, Turkish delight, shopping


Day 4

Again a lot of places visited and revisited. Grand Bazaar, Spice Market, Fish Market, Istiklal Street, Taksim Square, Gulhane Park, Golden Horn bank, lots of water-pipe smoked, Turkish delight consumed and also a dove took a shit on my head as we approached the Grand Bazaar – good times.

Much as I enjoy being here, I must say that I’m amazed at the amount of crap that is sold everywhere. You know, the made in Turkey stuff. It’s pretty awful. But lots of people are buying stuff, so I guess it must up somebody’s alley. Also, souvenirs are of a very low quality, lots of stores are splattered around and yet it’s just too complicated to dig out something decent. However, we then found some stores with hand-made jewelry, clothes, etc. that we were content with, but there are only 4-5 of them in the entire city.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...